Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's a Party!

My daughter's birthday is coming up and she always prefers that I make her invitations. She loves paper-crafting too. I got this idea from a Stampin' Up workshop I attended. I followed the sketch exactly, but added a few of my own touches. I folded the awning twice to make it hang out more.

This card is a tri-fold. I'm inserting the party details in the pocket. But, I thought about putting a notice on the back of the card to let the recepient know that they can reuse this card as a gift card holder. I added the "it's a party" sentiment and was concerned about the overlap. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The punch actually helped keep the card closed. I love it when ideas just happen.

Here's a closer look at the bow. I call it a "butterfly" bow because it looks like a butterfly. I haven't seen this bow made before. It's really easy to make and saves on ribbon. I'll have to make a tutorial some time. The image, DSP, and cardstock are all from Stampin' Up. The sentiment is from Studio G.

No comments:

Post a Comment