Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Paper Dolls Challenge #9

Whew! I'm so glad I was able to catch up with the Paper Dolls Challenges. I love being a part of this group. The women are so talented and supportive. I don't have many friends who like to craft like I do so it's great having on-line friends like the ones in our group. Because they're so supportive of me, I really want to return the favor by participating in their challenges and checking out their blogs.

This week's challenge is by Katie. Her challenge is to use one of our older Papertrey Ink stamps to create a project. I love this idea because it's so easy to neglect our older sets, especially when PTI comes out with so many amazing new ones every month. There's still lots of time to play along with us so stop by the Paper Dolls blog and check out Katie's new challenge!

For this challenge, I pulled out my Spiral Bouquet stamp set. Although this set was first introduced in November 2007, I only bought it early this year. I also used Text Style for the bottom of the card. I didn't add a sentiment for the front so that I would be able to use this card for any occasion.

What I really like about this set is being able to layer the flowers. I stamped the solid image in Hibiscus Burst and then stamped the lined portion in Raspberry Fizz.  The tiny flowers is a stamp from Out on a Limb, one of my go-to sets.


Here's how I finished the inside.

I wanted to show you the back. I accidentally mis-folded my card which left a seam on the back. Instead of making a new card, I just covered it up with a scrap of cardstock. It ended up looking pretty cute. Also, I always stamp the back of my cards with one of the Trademark stamps from PTI.


Thanks for taking a look! I'd love to see what you can make for this week's challenge.

All supplies used are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified.
Stamps:  Spiral Bouquet, Text Style, Trademarks, Out on a Limb Rev.
Paper:  Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Ripe Avocado
Ink:  Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Ripe Avocado
Embellishments:
Tools:  small scallop die

7 comments:

  1. This is one of my all time favorite PTI sets!! Your card is gorgeous! I love how you finished the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have a lot of details here! I love how well this is put together - and the green/pink colors are some of my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card.. I hv that set.. and still hvn't inked it up yet... I should.. love the trademark stamp on the back.. beautiful Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card with this set and that there's not really any "sentiment" except for the Text Style!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michelle! This is stunning! I need to break this set out again! I love the little scalloped border on the back...way to cover up a 'mistake!' Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I like the hibiscus burst and ripe avocado together. Might use this combo for blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, this card is so pretty. I linked this card to my blog bc I made a card with some stamping on the inside and I wanted to say that you are my inspiration for thinking of this step. It really adds so much more to the card. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete