Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Paper Dolls Challenge #22

I'm so glad to be catching up with the Paper Dolls Challenges.  They have some fun challenges every week.  I'm not just saying that because I'm part of the group, either! (Hee hee!)

This week, it's Amy's turn to host. Her challenge is to create a CAS card with lots of white and a pop of color.  Sounds like fun, right!

After all the wonderful Christmas-themed sets that were released at Papertrey Ink this month, I was in the mood to make a Christmas card.


This card was so easy to make. I just stamped my holly sentiment, impressed the button half of the card, added the green border, and then placed all the embellishments. One of the quickest cards I ever made!

Love those Pure Poppy buttons and twine!

Do you notice the score lines I added to the green border? I first saw that done by Nichole Heady and thought it was such a simple idea but really added to a card.  I like the added impression on the bottom, but I should have used a polka dot one to match the holly. Oh, well. Next time.

I have one question for you before you go.  Anyone have a simpler method of tying a bow with twine?  My stubby little fingers nearly started cramping during my attempts to tie the bow and it still didn't turn our well.

Well, thanks for visiting!  Please stop by the Paper Dolls blog and play along with us!

All supplies used are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified.
Stamps:  Holiday Button Bits
Paper:  SS White, New Leaf
Ink:  Wild Wasabi (SU), Riding Hood Red (SU)
Embellishments:  Pure Poppy buttons, Pure Poppy twine
Tools:  Scor-Buddy

11 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Love the Christmas theme and the pure poppy twine goes perfectly with it! Your bow is good!! Those little things are always a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle....I LOVE your traditional take on color! I really like the IP you chose and the fact that you only impressed the bottom! Great touch! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love this card... so simple and so Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! Love how you used the baker's twine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. Have you tried the Bow Easy? posibendr@worldnet.att.net When I can, I hide the ends of the ribbon under the layer, make a bow on the Bow Easy and attach it with a glue dot. OR, get one of the kids to hold the twine in place while you make the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Christmas card!!! I love the embossed bottom panel, the buttons and red striped twine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, I love this! That holly is too cute! And I love th IP at the bottom! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle, this is wonderful! Such a clean and simple card, but beautiful too! Awesome use of the twine, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete