Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Paper Dolls Challenge #6

This week is Deena's turn to host the Paper Dolls Challenge. She's chosen a fun sketch for everyone to try. Hop on over to the Paper Dolls blog and check it out.

My nephew is really excited about graduating from Kindergarten. He's very smart and I'm so proud of him. I made this card for him (love you, Mero!).  I haven't decided what kind of gift card I'll be giving him, so I'm using a Toys R Us rewards card for my picture.

It's a one panel card. It's just the front. I made the pull-out so that one side will hold the gift card and the back is for your sentiment or message.

I really like the ovals from the new Background Basics: Geometrics stamp set. They're like polka dots, but with a twist. It wasn't easy finding four of the same buttons in the size that I needed. I rounded the ends of the top strips with a 1" circle punch. The buttons are threaded with DMC floss. I just started a list of the DMC floss that matches the PTI colors. These match pretty well, don't you think?

I'll be posting another card tomorrow using the same sketch. Go on over to the Paper Dolls blog and give Deena's challenge a try. It's a fun and practical sketch. You can never have enough gift card holders!

Thanks for stopping by!

All supplies used are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified.
Stamps:  BB-Geometrics, Mega Mixed Messages
Paper:  Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sun, Orange Zest, SS White
Ink:  Fresh Snow, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Embellishments:  white buttons, Swiss Dot Satin Ribbon in Pure Poppy, DMC Floss
Tools:  circle punch (SU), Labels 8 Nesties,

8 comments:

  1. MICHELE, this is FABULOUS!! What an awesome design, with such FUN colors, LOOOOOVVVEEE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this design. It's so full of things to look at. I'm casing this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH so cute!!! I love the color in the pocket! And the buttons? Adorable! I can't wait to get home from my trip to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cool Michelle! Love the rainbow colors and the background stamping on them. Also love how you positioned the buttons and the strips that they are adhered to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute Michelle. I love the waterfall look of the new background set in white and the fun, bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is SO fun! I love the colors...the stamping on just one side of the buttons...and the shape of the tag! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete