Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Single Panel Gift Card Holder

This is my second card for Deena's Paper Dolls Challenge.

My cousin is getting married this summer and they had a "couples" party instead of a bridal shower this weekend. That way, it's a family event rather than just the girls. (The "women only" party will be in a couple of weeks. Woo hoo!) Sorry, I digress.

We decided to give the happy couple a monetary gift. My cousin appreciates the cards I make. Sometimes I feel that she expects any cards she gets from me to be handmade. That's just fine by me because I like making them for her.

Here's what I made. I used the same techniques for this card as I used for the card in the post below.

I couldn't find any more matching buttons, so I improvised. I stamped each letter and cut them out with a circle punch. I used round epoxy stickers to give it depth. I also chose a more subdued color scheme.

The sentiment is from Enjoy the Ride.  I positioned it so that it shows when the tag is in place.  I wrote our message below it.

I made a pocket on the back by cutting another scallop rectangle and cutting it in half.  Then, I used scor-tape to adhere it to the tag.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog.

(I'm going to try something different on my blog. I'm the kind of the crafter that needs precise measurements. So, I'm going to start listing the measurements for each card at the end of my posts. This way, I can easily re-create my card. Plus, it may be helpful for anyone who would like to make it themselves.  We'll see how long I can keep this up!)

All supplies used are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified.
Stamps:  Enjoy the Ride, BB: Hearts, Alphabet Set (Martha Stewart)
Paper:  Ripe Avocado, Enchanted Evening, Scarlet Jewel, Terracotta Tile, Summer Sun, SS White
Ink:  Ripe Avocado, Enchanted Evening, Scarlet Jewel, Terracotta Tile, Fresh Snow
Embellishments:  Scarlet Jewel Swiss Dots Satin Ribbon, Button, epoxy stickers
Tools:  circle punches, scallop rectangle nestie, corner punch

Measurements
White Base:  3-1/2 x 5
Pocket:  3-3/4 x 6, score 1/4 on long sides, cut out extra pieces, fold
             Finished Pocket should be 3-1/4 x 3
stamped strips:  3-1/4 x 3/4
plain strips:  1-1/4 x 3/4, 1-3/4 x 3/4, 2-1/4 x 3/4, 2-3/4 x 3/4
white cardstock:  2-1/2 x 2-1/2

2 comments:

  1. Great card and great idea to list the measurements. It will make it easier for people to recreate. I like the color scheme and the ribbon is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the scalloped insert! And that polka dot bow is too cute!

    ReplyDelete