Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm Back!

October? That's how long it's been since I laste posted? Shame on me!

I apologize for not posting the last 3 months. There were lots of family events going on during that time. But, I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things.

For my first post of 2011, I'm playing along with C's Paper Dolls Challenge. The theme is Simplicity. Here's my card.


This may be my first single-layer PTI card ever! I used the technique of inking the back of the stamp for the color and then stamping the actual image on top. I really like how it turned out.

The one thing I did learn from doing this technique is to make sure the stamp you use looks fairly close to the image when you flit it. In other words, it should be almost symmetrical if cut in half.

Thanks for visiting!

All supplies used are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified.
Stamps:  Green Thumb, Faux Ribbon
Ink:  Memento

5 comments:

  1. Very cute, great job making a one layer card, they're not easy to do well and you certainly have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love those soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really cool! Great job creating this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried this technique yet. Thanks for the tip. Welcome back to blogging land. You've been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you used! I need to pull this set out more!

    ReplyDelete