Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Make It Monday - Glitter Strips with Scor-Tape

I'm having a lot of fun playing along with the Make It Monday challenges on Nichole Heady's blog. Click here to see more details.
This week's challenge is to use a glitter strip on your project using scor-tape. Here's what I made:


I put the glitter strips on the egg. I die cut the egg. Used two different widths of scor-tape and trimmed them around the egg. I really like how it turned out. 

The glitter sticks to the scor-tape so well, I wondered what would happen if I did the same technique using glue-dots. That's what I did with the butterfly.


Thanks for taking a look! 

All supplies used are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified.
Stamps:  Fillable Frames #7, Egg Hunt
Paper:  Plum Pudding, Simply Chartreuse, Lavendar Moon, Hawaiian Shores, Polka Dot Parade 
Ink:  Hawaiian Shores, Plum Pudding
Embellishments:  pearls, glitter, scor-tape
Tools:  Parisian Doily die, Fillable Frames #7 die, Mat Stack #4,Egg Hunt die, XL rickrack die, butterfly punch (Martha Stewart)

17 comments:

  1. I love the use of the scor-tape for the stripes on the egg. Your colors are so nice and springy. Much needed at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    That egg is adorable...love these Spring colors and how you did the glitter strips!
    I can hear that doily die calling me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the strips for the egg!!! Great idea! Also, I would have never thought of trying the dots with the glitter, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! What great colors for Easter, and I LOVE that you put the strips on the egg! What a wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How amazing and creative is that egg. You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a genius Michelle! I love the glitter strips used to decorate the Easter egg . . . but the glitter on the glue dots? Brilliant! Thanks for sharing that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love the glitter strips to embellish the Easter egg!! A new way to dress up that die without using the stamp set! Genius! Love your glue dot idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! I love this idea Michelle! I was just going through my dies to find one to use in a similar way. LOVE what you did here with the egg. So many great elements from the doily to the rickrack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh, what a creative use of the glitter strips! I love this colorful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Using glitter & scor tape to decorate the egg is such a great idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute!! love PDParade and this color combo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Love the egg! Great idea to use the score tape and glitter to make the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card. Great use of the glitter and strip! Love the doily in the BG. :o) They ran out of the die by the time I got my order in. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super cute, and that Easter egg is adorable!! Great use of the glitter strips! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is this? I love that egg! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a CUTE idea to use the glitter strips on the egg!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word! What a great idea! Love the decorated egg! And to mimic it on the butterfly...genius!

    ReplyDelete