Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Paper Dolls #18

This week's Paper Dolls Challenge is by Anika and it's a fun one!  Stop by the Paper Dolls blog and play along!

Her challenge was to find inspiration from a food wrapper or container.  I jumped at the chance to get near some candy!  I saw a packet of Skittles at the grocery store and it was calling my name so I brought it home.

Here's my card and the goodie that inspired it.
This card was so much fun to make! I really love the bold vibrant colors. And, since Halloween is just around the corner, I'm really loving orange lately. I used A LOT of circles in this card, but, hopefully, I was able to balance it.
 

In case you were wondering, yes, my kids and I ate all the Skittles as soon as I was done taking pictures. They were delicious!  Thanks for visiting my blog!


All supplies used are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified.
Stamps:  Dot Spot, Around & About Sentiments
Paper:  Orange Zest, Simply Chartreuse, SS White
Ink:  Orange Zest, Hawaiian Shores, Tuxedo Black (Memento), Riding Hood Red (SU), Daffodil Delight (SU), Orchid Opulence (SU), Leaf (Technique Tuesday)
Embellishments:  Orange Zest button, Orange Zest Bitty Dot satin ribbon
Tools:  Sunshine impression plate, Labels 8 (Nesties), 1-1/4" circle punch (SU), 1-3/8" circle punch (SU)

9 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cute! What a great interpretation of the Skittles packaging. Love the addition of the impression plate too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright, happy card; LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with this challenge! I love the bright colors you took from the Skittles! This challenge is going to be a toughie for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE this card! The colors are so bright and cheery! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Love all those circles and dots and you did balance them nicely. I like the ribbon through the buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy card! Perfect use of your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card. Really fresh and funky.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Michelle! A perfect card for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is a perfect match to the Skittles! Great job. Love that Dot Spot set, don't you?

    ReplyDelete