Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Paper Dolls Challenge #14


Awww...I'm bummed.  I thought I had more time to link to C's Paper Dolls Challege, but it looks like time ran out.

Oh well, at least I was able to complete the challenge.  C asked us to make a project using 1) a color we don't usually use and, 2) a technique we haven't used in a while.

Since the weather has been so hot and sunny the past couple of months, I've been tending towards the bright bold colors lately.  So, for my project, I decided to use Scarlet Jewel as my focal color since I haven't used that in quite a while.  For my technique, I chose embossing. Yes, I've been using embossing on many of my cards, but, this time, I thought I'd try embossing on ribbon.  Here's my card.

I found one of the new EK Success large edger punches at Michael's. It looks like a larger version of Fiskar's Threading Water punch. I really like how it looks!

I stamped the rose and leaves with Versamark ink and then used white embossing powder. It really brings out the image.  Isn't that rose gorgeous!

Here's a side view of the embossed ribbon. I first attempted to emboss the front of the satin ribbon. I ended up getting some of the powder in the ribbon grain. I turned it over and embossed the back of the ribbon. I actually liked the end result better.  The ribbon gives the card a bit of a vintage feel because it's not flush with the card.

Here's the inside. Just a simple rosebud and matching border.

Thanks for visiting! Although this Paper Dolls Challenge is closed, there's still other challenges on our blog that you can do. Come visit us!

All supplies used are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified.
Stamps:  YOF-Roses, Friends til the End (sentiment)
Paper:  Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado, Kraft, Holiday Cheer
Ink:  Versamark
Embellishments: Scarlet Jewel satin ribbon, Old Olive satin ribbon (SU)
Tools:  white embossing powder, large border punch (EK Success), Threading Water border punch (Fiskars)

7 comments:

  1. I didn't even know you could emboss on ribbon! This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that flower is fabulous, and I love the border punch! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I really love that rose stamped in white! It really pops off of your card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossing on this is perfect...not a speck out of place, fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to emboss on the ribbon...it turned out so well! I need to remember that the YOF flowers don't necessarily need to be colored in...love the embossing in white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!! Wonderful job! Love how you finished off the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, wow. I don't even know where to start on this card. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete