Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Papertrey Paper Dolls Challenge #13

This is a very quick post. I haven't missed a Paper Dolls Challenge yet and I'm not going to miss this one.  For this challenge, Leish asked us to look in our closet for inspiration.  My clothes aren't very inspiring.  My wardrobe consists mainly of solid-colored items.

However, I've always loved the bright colors and pretty images on my youngest daughter's outfits. So, I raided her closet and chose this dress.


Here's the card I came up with.


Here's a close-up of the crinkled "ribbon" and the Giga Guidelines background.

Whew! Just made the link tool! Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

All supplies used are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified.
Stamps:  Life, Friendship Jars
Paper:  Simply Chartreuse, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, SS White
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse, Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz
Embellishments:  Simply Chartreuse button, half pearl
Tools:  Giga Guidelines impression plate, Friendship Jars labe die, Eyelet Lace die, crimper

8 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This is awesome! I love your card, the focal point, the colors, everything!! Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I have some catching up to do on Paper Dolls challenges, I might miss the deadlines, but I'm still going to do them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is getting "behind" :) I love how you used green for the base of your card to go with the green top of the dress! This turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. You did a great job bringing out the colors of your daughter's dress. I did not get to finish this challenge, but thought that if I do I can always leave it in the comment section.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Great job using your inspiration piece. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this card! That crinkled ribbon is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card...great interpretation of the cute little dress. I find my kids' clothes far more inspiring than mine as well. Now I just need to play some serious catch up on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete