Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Paper Dolls Challenge #17


Lisa V. challenged us to create a project using a card made by one of my all-time favorite designers, Dawn McVey, as inspiration.  You can check out Lisa's challenge here.  Please also stop by Dawn's blog and take a look at all her wonderful creations. 

I decided to CASE Dawn's layout. I love how simple her layouts are. It's so easy to change one or two elements on her card and make something totally new.  This card is for a wonderful teacher at my daughter's elementary school.
The first time I ever saw cork board used on a project that I liked was here on Dawn's blog. It inspired me enough to get some. I ordered mine from Stampin' Up.

I also love the Spiral Notebook die from Papertrey Ink.  I cut it down so that it would fit within my cork board shape.  Then, I used one of the images from MSS: Library Ledger to make it look like a mini binder paper.  The green brad makes it look like it's tacked onto the cork board. I really like how it turned out.
Here's how I finished the inside.  I thought it would be fun to make it look like the Kindergarten writing paper.  I used the apple image to connect the inside to the front.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
  
All supplies used are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified.
Stamps:  School Time, MSS: Library Ledger
Paper:  Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Beautiful Blooms, SS White
Ink:  Riding Hood Red (SU), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Embellishments:  cork board sheet (SU), Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon (SU)
Tools:  Mat Stack 3, Medium Scallop border die, Spiral Notebook Page die

7 comments:

  1. Cute, cute!! I love the addition of the green brad so it looks like it is pinned up there! Very cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was that the notebook page was pinned up there! Very cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cork Mat Stack with the cute little notebook paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to turn the notebook die on the side...I may be hiding under a rock, but I don't think I've seen it used that way yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card! I love the cork mat stack! That is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is AWESOME! You did a great job in honoring Dawn with Lisa's challenge. That paper was perfect for your card!

    ReplyDelete