Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Purse and Briefcase

I've been wanting to make one of these ever since first seeing the one on Becky Roberts' blog. You can find the instructions on her blog. I made my just like hers except I used cardstock for the handle since I didn't have the right ribbon. I think it turned out okay. I used the half pearl from my Pretties Kit.
I thought about making a masculine version for Father's Day. Instead of using the scallop circle for the cover, I used another Top Note Die. I also used a shorter piece of cardstock for the handle.
For the enclosure, I poked a couple of holes and inserted a piece of elastic cord which I tied on the back to secure it. To hide the holes, I used one of the labels from the Matchbox Die and placed a sentiment on it. The cord goes around the large brad and keeps the case closed. You could also use a large button, but this was all I had.
Here's a picture of the back and top. Everything I used for both projects are from Stampin' Up except the large brad on the briefcase.
Stamps: Matchbox Messages
Papers: Bella Rose, Autumn Vine, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip
Tools: Top Note Die, large Scallop Circle Die, circle cutter, 5-petal flower punch
Other: mini brads, Pretties Kit, elastic cord

No comments:

Post a Comment