Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Favor Box

What do you think about this favor box? I wanted to experiment with my Box #2 die from Stampin' Up! I'm thinking of giving this to my sister or as one of the prizes for our annual Easter Egg Hunt. The papers are Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Delicate Dots from Stampin' Up. I first adhered the patterned paper to the box and then I cut out the window with my new SU! Scallop Oval punch. I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of transparency with black Staz-On ink and taped it inside the box. The sentiment is from the Oval All set from Stampin' Up. I punched out the leaves using the Martha Stewart Frond punch and used my embossing stylus to outline the veins of the leaf (I know it's hard to see). I glued the leaves and the Prima flowers and then added some half pearls to the centers. You can also add handles to make it look like a purse. I filled my box with candy robin eggs. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try any of the eggs because these are my husband's favorite candy and he swiped them from me as soon as I lay them on the table! Oh well, at least he liked my box.

No comments:

Post a Comment