Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tea Time Friends

I've been on a coffee and tea stamp binge. Today, I finally got to use one of my tea stamps. I ordered the Tea for Two stamp set from There She Goes. This card was made using the Sweet Sunday sketch.
I've seen some wonderful cards made by intricate paper piecing. I've been a bit intimidated to try it myself. Today, I felt the need to give it a try. Cutting out the middle of the teapot and cup handles was not fun. I think I did an okay job, but I'm hoping it will get easier the more I practice. I really like the end result! The Delicate Dots paper I used coordinated well with the tea scheme. I love how the Certainly Celery colors remind me of green tea. I think I'll be doing this paper piecing this again!
Thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: Tea for Two (There She Goes)
Paper: Delicate Dots, Certainly Celery, So Saffron (SU!)
Ink: Certainly Celery
Tools: Nesties, curly label punch (SU!)

2 comments:

  1. I love the tea pot with the green paper, that is darling! Great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete