Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Becky's CAC #4

This was a really hectic week! I didn't have much time to do any crafting which makes me a cranky lady! But, I did have enough time to make a card for Becky's 4th challenge. Here's the requirements.

Becky's sample was gorgeous! You should check it and her video out here.

I loved her card so much, I didn't want to go off track from her sample. My problem was I didn't have a negative stamp to use. So, I decided to improvise. I used my Turning a New Leaf stamp set and I stamped it on black cardstock using Versamark ink. Then, I used white embossing powder and heat it to make it look more solid. I used my white gel pen to add some dots within the empty spaces. For the white background, I used the same set with Tuxedo Black ink.

I tried different ideas with the ribbon. I tried pleating, tying, knotting it. In the end, I kept it simple. I found this really cute button in my stash of Ripe Avocado buttons and decided to just tie it around the ribbon. This way,  you can see the cool design on it. 

I decided to do something different with the sentiment. Since there was too much blank space after I cut around the "y", I put black pearls below it.

In keeping with my goal to always finish the inside of my cards, here's what I did for this card.

Thanks for taking a peek!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Love the inside of the card and that button is perfect! I used the same sentiment and struggled with that "y". I like yours better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle your card turned out beautiful! Love how you did the leaves on the inside. Great job on the challenge:)

    ReplyDelete