Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sydney's Valentine Treats

I love making special treats for my children's class. It's just that I sometimes find myself not having enough time to do so. This time around, I started planning their Valentine's Day treats in advance. These are Sydney's treats for her classmates.

I used Stampin' Up's mini milk carton die. I love this die! It's the perfect size to hold treats. These hold 9-10 Hershey's Kisses. I've also put about 10 Starbursts in them.  The image and sentiment are from PTI's Tiny Treats: Valentine's set. I colored the image with my Copic markers. I know the coloring isn't very good, but I didn't want to spend too much time making them perfect. These are for 1st graders and I had to make 30 of them!
I used inexpensive cardstock and patterned paper since these are for kids whose main objective is to get to the treat inside, rather than saving the packaging. For this picture, I made one carton using a piece of PTI's Simple Valentine paper. The tag was made with PTI's Heart Prints and Simple Alphabet stamp sets. I cut the tags out with SU's tag punch.
I didn't want the kids to totally ruin the carton to get to the candy so I made the bottom recloseable. On one panel, I used SU's slit punch. On the opposing panel, I used SU's slot punch. I also stamped "open here" using a stamp set I bought from Clear Dollar Stamps. Now, the kids can refill it if they want to.
Stay tuned for more pictures of Valentine treats. I still have two more classrooms to make them for.

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable Michelle! What a cool die, I'll have to look in to that one!

    ReplyDelete