Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Becky's Compose a Card Challenge #1

One of my favorite designers, Becky Oehlers, has started posting challenges on her blog. This is the first one.

I decided to use In Bloom and Text Styles to make the background and the focal image in the heart.

I used to just make card fronts. This year, I'm going to start making full cards and make sure the inside is as pretty as the outside. I didn't stamp any sentiments because I wanted to be able to use this card for any occasion.

I found this really beautiful button in my stash of melon berry buttons. I so LOVE the swirl design on it.

If you look closely at the image, you'll see some sparkles on the flower. I used the clear glitter pen to give it some bling. It's really subtle and is easier to see in the sunlight. I love the look it gives.

1 comment:

  1. You did such a beautiful job with this challenge! I love how you stamped just a tiny part of the flower image on the heart, I've got to remember that idea and try it!

    ReplyDelete