Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Poppy Seed Challenges by Lisa Johnson

I'm so excited! The very talented Lisa Johnson is starting a new series of challenges. She's calling it the Poppy Seed Challenge. Here's her very first one.
She'll be posting a challenge about twice a month. You'll have a week to link your post to her blog. Each challenge will have 3 different "seeds" or elements that you should have on your project. This week's challenge requires the use of crystals (bling), a flower stamp, and the color light yellow.

Here's what I made.  I used Summer Sunrise and Enchanted Evening for my colors. (After I typed this post, I realized that the color was supposed to be "light" yellow. Sorry, Lisa!)


The flowers are from the Friends Til the End set. I masked the middle flower and stamped the images in Enchanted Evening ink. I also used the Enchanted Evening satin ribbon to tie a simple bow. 

The sentiment is from Signature Greeting. I stamped it in Versamark ink and embossed it using sapphire powder. I love how shiny it is! Then, there's my bling.

Of course, I had to finish the inside. I like to take an element from the front of the card to decorate the inside. I also try to keep the design flat so that it won't add any more bulk. I masked the flower when I stamped the leaves.
If you have time, please visit Lisa's blog and join the challenge. You'll find so much inspiration.

16 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, Michelle. I really like the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Michelle, I love that embossing powder! Such a perfect match to EE, my favorite color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love that embossing powder - what brand is it? Stunning creation - love how you finished the inside too. need to start doing that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combo. I wouldn't worry about the summer sunrise. It all looks just great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love yellow and blue together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Michelle! Inside and out. And I love the bling on the ribbon, I would never have thought to put it there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! the colour combo is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Your colors are beautiful and I love that you decorated the inside as well. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. love the color combo and the embossing. Oh and the inside too. Really, really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your kinds words, everyone! Angy, the embossing powder is Pearlustre Sapphire. I bought it from Michael's ages ago. I think it's by Stampendous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful card. Love it!!! That embossing is a beautiful color too.. Great job!
    Nadya :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this color combo! Embossing the sentiment adds the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. An absolutely gorgeous card Michelle - love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How pretty! What a stunning color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is LOVELY... after seeing the DD card I had to come look at this one. awesome!

    ReplyDelete