Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Becky's Compose a Card Challenge #2

Time for Becky's challenge again. Here's this week's Compose a Card Challenge.

Here's my card. All the stamps I used are from Papertrey Ink. I stamped the Turning a New Leaf images in Spring Moss. I punched out the tiny flowers using Stampin' Ups 3-flower punch using the colored cardstock listed in the challenge. I used the flower image from the Limitless Labels set and stamped it in the three colors. I didn't have Summer Sun ink so I used Stampin' Ups Pumpkin Pie.  For the sentiment, I used the birthday greeting from Birthday Basics.  The score lines are a bit difficult to see, but they are at every 1/4 inch.

I was lucky to find one flower button that matched the colors. I sewed each button to the card with twine. This kept the buttons more flush with the card.  

I used the same elements from the front of the card to decorate the inside.

One of my daughter's daycare provider is leaving tomorrow so she can work closer to home. I am planning on giving her this scrapbook that I made from a kit by SEI. The colors matched the colors from the card challenge. So, while I was making this card, I thought it would be perfect to give it to her along with the scrapbook.

In my excitement of making the card, I'd forgotten my plans to give is as a "good luck" card and used the "happy birthday" sentiment instead. So, I had to improvise. I used the Borders and Corners: Rectangle dotted border stamp to outline the sentiment. The sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages. I cut out the image and taped it to a rectangle scallop that I punched out with my Marvy punch. Voila! It covered the original sentiment. 
Thanks for visiting!

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE your card.. and what a sweet gift to give her.. I know she will love it! Nice job o the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and colorful, I just LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty! I love, love, love all those happy flowers... Totally makes me think Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking through your blog and you have some beautiful work showcased here. Great job! I became a follower too. I'll keep looking for you at PTI forum

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so nice of you! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and leave such nice comments. Thanks also to the ones who signed up to follow my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is just darling!! I love all of those happy little colorful flowers!! Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Michelle! I love the way you scattered those tiny flowers...great job! That was a really fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Michelle ~ this is my first visit to your blog (through Becky's) and I just had to tell you how much I love this card. The way you placed the flowers and the colors you used are perfect! I can't wait to look at more of your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michelle, Congrats on making top 3. This is a great card. Love the inside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey congrats!! you deserved it...such a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful little card! You could use any sentiment with this card and it would work. It truly is a Happy, Cheerful, Clean, wonderfully put together piece of art! Thanks for the inspiration and smile it gave me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, GIRL! What a fun card! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete