Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Last of the Valentine Treats

`Please excuse the following pictures. My wonderful husband bought "me" a new camera and new lenses. I love the new camera, but prefer to use the Auto Mode since I'm quite the novice. My husband likes to experiment with the aperatures, brightness and depths. So, he kindly volunteered to take these pictures for me so he can play with the many dials and buttons. I didn't have time to take new photos so I had no choice but to use these. I guess I should be grateful that he "wants to help".

I know Valentine's Day is over, but this is the last of the treats. My kids expect me to post the stuff I make for them. They get a kick out of seeing their treats on the internet.

This is what I made for Riley's treats. It holds 8 starbursts candies (her favorites). I used the dinosaur and sentiment from the Tiny Treats set. I used the sour cream container template to hold the candy.

I colored the image with my copic markers. Nothing fancy since it's for 3 year-olds, but I still think it turned out cute. You can't tell from the picture, but I use my Sakura glaze pen to color the heart and give it a little dimension.

This was Peyton's treat for her classmates. Since the majority of her class are boys, she didn't want anything too girly. I saw this image at Pink Cat Studio. It's a digi stamp! I fell in love with it and though it would be perfect for her class. We bought the giant size pixie sticks and stuck these on the ends.
                  
I colored the little frog with my copics. Peyton colored the balloons with my Spica glitter pens. I also added some bling to the flower by coloring it with my clear Spica glitter pen.

The rest are some Tic-Tacs that I made a box for and decorated with various images and papers. I got this idea from here.

I love the hearts background. They turned out really cute.

I had fun using the Simple Valentines stamp set to make the heart image. I enjoyed adding each layer of stamp.

I used my swiss dots embossing folder to make this one. It really added another dimension.

Finally, I made this one just punching out mini hearts in the same paper to give it that monotone "embossed" look. The sentiment is from SU tiny sentiments. 

Okay, that's it for Valentine's Day. Now, I need to start working on springtime cards and a few birthday ones, too. Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment